So here’s the tea.. me and my boyfriend broke up after I got back from my trip to Australia. I hate to admit it but I cried incessantly for days following the breakup. (So much for sharing my personal life haha). There’s no use in denying my sobbing episodes because my eyes got really, really swollen and puffy. It was very timely that Benton had sent this tub of Hydrogel Eye patch for me to try.
Product Description: Snail Bee Ultimate Hydrogel Eye Patch hydrates and nourished skin with Saccharomyces/Snail Secretion Infiltrate Ferment Filtrate, Bee Venom and seaweed extracts. The hydrogel eye patch vitalizes and refreshes skin, living the eye area bright and supple.
1. Saccharomyces/Snail Secretion Filtrate Ferment Filtrate: Skin Recovery, Protecting, Nourishing, Firming
2. Bee Venom: Soothes skin concerns, skin protecting synergy UP
3. Tea Tree Leaf Water: Skin soothing, Cooling, Astringent, Oil-water balance
4. Hyaluronic Acid: Cares for moisture and suppleness
5. Carrageenan, Porphyra Yezoensis Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract (Seaweed Ingredients): Hydrating, Nourishing, Soothing,
Protecting, Cooling and Firming
6. Gold, Diamond Powder, Pearl Powder, Charcoal Powder: Firms, Purifies and Revitalizes
7. Niacinamide, Adenosine: Functional ingredients for brightening and wrinkle care
I have been incorporating products with snail secretion into my skincare and I could see the positive results, so what’s the science behind it? According to a journal published last year1, Snail mucin causes an increase in skin elasticity and hydration together with a sensible reduction of the skin-wrinkles by promoting fibroblasts longevity and the assembly of the extracellular matrix thus minimizing the manifestations of skin ageing.
As for the Bee Venom, I am not quite acquainted with this ingredient, according to a study2, b
Packaging: The patches are nicely packed in a nice brown tub sealed with a white plastic lid stopper inside. It also contains a small spatula used to pick up the patches soaked in essence. The overall packaging feels luxurious with the brown plastic tub with gold text labels.
Eyepatch : The hydrogel patches itself looks elegant with its green colour with gold specks. Sixty pieces of elastic patches are soaked in a runny essence with a light sweet scent.
Performance: Upon initial application under the eye area, the patches would slide down my face because of the essence. But after the essence has been absorbed, the hydrogel patches adhere tightly to the skin. The patches provides cooling and soothing sensation immediately after application. I noticed that my under eyes became soft, smooth, firm and less puffy after using the hydrogel patches for 20-30 mins.
Aside from the immediate effects it provide, the hydrogel patches are also eco-friendly; it is water soluble and dissolves in lukewarm water.
Price/ Availability: The hydrogel patch is available in your trusted online K-beauty stores and retails for 28.00USD.
Verdict: Long distance relationship may have not worked for me but I’m glad that this hydrogel eye patch did! Aside from being eco-friendly, the patches are effective in relieving the puffiness of my eyes and providing a cooling/ soothing sensation.
- Sergio Mazzulla, Dante Anile, Silvia De Sio, Annalisa Scaglione, Marco De Seta, Adelaide Anile, In Vivo Evaluations of Emulsion O/W for a New Topical Anti-Aging Formulation: Short-Term and Long-Term Efficacy. Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications 8 (03), 110, 2018.
- Chun Seol Choi, Jin Kyu Park, Chang Gi An, Eun Hee Lee, Kyu Joong Ahn. Multiple Benefits of Bee Venom in Aged Skin Manifestations. Kor J Aesthet Cosmetol 13 (5), 679-688, 2015
*Disclaimer: The product was sent to me in exchange for my honest review.